Interview Approval (Certification) – Faculty and Staff Searches
When you are ready to submit your search to ODE for interview approval please make sure:
- Proactive recruitment efforts to cast a broad net and fulfill the good faith requirement have been made.
- Recruitment efforts must include sources beyond HuskyHire and the contractual University advertising such as The Chronicle, Inside Higher Ed, DIVERSE and HERC.
- All recruitment efforts and sources are entered in Recruiting Solutions.
- All applicants are ranked using the Interview, Qualified, and Unqualified disposition codes
- All candidates ranked “Interview” will be offered an interview (initial interview can be via phone or Skype etc... or in person).
- UCPEA applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and having indicated their UCPEA membership on application materials are ranked “Interview” and offered an interview
- Applicants ranked as “Interview” met all minimum qualifications.
- All “Qualified” applicants met the minimum qualifications. For each applicant, the preferred qualification(s) that the applicant has NOT met are checked off.
- For each “Unqualified” applicant, the minimum qualification(s) that the applicant has NOT met are checked off.
- Applicants that submitted an incomplete application have a disposition code of “Unqualified” and the disposition reason indicates the incomplete application.
- All Qualified and Unqualified applicants have either qualifications NOT met checked or a comment explaining their disposition code.
- Additional comments are entered for the applicants where an explanation is necessary in addition to the qualification check boxes.
- All applicant dispositions:
- Correspond to the qualifications in Recruiting Solutions and the job description.
- Do not overlap between the different rankings (Ex: “Interview” and “Qualified” applicants do not lack the same preferred qualifications.)
- Are concrete, objective, and detailed and do not contain feelings, emotions or broad general statements.
- Do not contain discriminatory or subjective language.
- Do not contain second hand knowledge.
Amended Interview Certification
When submitting an amended request for interview approval (additional “Interview” candidates or changing “Qualified” applicants to “Interview”) please make sure :
- The “Qualified” applicant(s) moving to “Interview” are the most qualified.
- The applicants’ disposition codes are changed to “Interview” in Recruiting Solutions.
- All new applicants have disposition codes and the boxes of qualifications NOT met are checked accurately.
- All dispositions follow the guidelines above.