Interview Approval (Certification) – Faculty and Staff Searches
When you are ready to submit your search to ODE for Interview Certification please make sure:
- Recruitment efforts to cast a broad net and fulfill the good faith requirement have been made.
- All recruitment efforts and sources are entered in the Recruitment Contacts section.
- All qualifications entered in RSA match the minimum and preferred qualifications in the job description.
- All applicants are ranked using the A, Q, U ranking system. (link to definitions)
- All candidates ranked “A” will be offered an interview (initial interview can be via phone or Skype etc... or in person)
- UCPEA applicants meeting the minimum qualifications and having indicated their UCPEA membership on application materials are ranked “A” and offered an interview
- All “Q” (Qualified) applicants met the minimum qualifications. The disposition indicates the preferred qualification(s) that are lacking.
- All “U” (Unqualified) applicants’ dispositions indicate the minimum qualification(s) that are lacking
- All applicant dispositions:
- Correspond to the qualifications in RSA and the job description.
- Follow a logical progression. (Ex: “Q” applicants are more qualified than “U” applicants).
- Do not overlap between the different rankings (Ex: “Q” and “U” applicants do not have the same disposition).
- Are concrete, objective, and detailed and do not contain feelings, emotions or broad general statements.
- Do not contain discriminatory or subjective language.
- Do not contain second hand knowledge.
Amended Interview Certification
When submitting an amended request for interview certification (additional “A” candidates or changing “Q” applicants to “A”) please make sure:
- The “Q” applicant(s) moving to “A” are the most qualified
- The applicants’ rankings are changed to “A” in RSA
- All new applicants have dispositions justifying their rankings.
- All dispositions follow the guidelines above.